Login to Complete an Abstract or to Access Reviewer Panel
2021 Joint Annual Meeting Meeting
North and South Carolina Chapters
July 23-25, 2021
Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC
After you select "Submit an Abstract" you will then need to create an account. This will allow you to save and return to your incomplete submission before you submit.
The presenter and principal contact will receive an auto-generated confirmation email, when the submission is submitted/finalized. If you need to make any changes after you submit/finalize, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Call for Abstracts for the NC/SC Joint 2021ACS Chapters Meeting is now open. Submissions for General Surgery and Cancer should be submitted online by midnight Submissions for Trauma should be submitted online by midnight
- All residents and research trainees enrolled in general surgery or surgical specialty residency training or fellows-in-training programs in North and South Carolina.
- Medical students enrolled in a medical school in North or South Carolina – with an interest in surgery.
- The entry should represent original work done by the authors.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a by the submitting author to be present on in Asheville, NC if his/her abstract is accepted OR via Zoom if the meeting is transitioned to a virtual event.
- Submit abstract using the online submission form by at
- Online submissions only.
- Upload graph or charts as directed on the abstract submission form.
- When you enter your abstract, you will be asked to complete these sections:
: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
: Introduction/Objective, Case Presentation, Discussion and Conclusion
- Trauma – Only submissions directly related to trauma surgery will be considered. Submissions related to acute care surgery and/or emergency general surgery should be submitted in the General/Specialty Surgery Competition. Only resident and fellows-in-training submissions are eligible to advance to the COT Region IV competition.
- Cancer – The topic must be specific to oncology. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation at the NC/SC Joint ACS Chapter Annual Meeting, July 23-25, 2021 in Asheville, NC.
- General/Specialty Surgery – The topics have been expanded to include general and specialty surgery. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation at the NC/SC Joint ACS Chapter Annual Meeting, July 23-25, 2021 in Asheville, NC. .