Login to Complete an Abstract or to Access Reviewer Panel
2023 Joint Annual Meeting Meeting
North and South Carolina ACS Chapters
August 4-6, 2023
Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC
After you select "Submit an Abstract" you will then need to create an account. This will allow you to save and return to your incomplete submission before you submit.
The presenter and principal contact will receive an auto-generated confirmation email, when the submission is submitted/finalized. If you need to make any changes after you submit/finalize, please contact us.
The Call for Abstracts for the NC/SC Joint 2023 ACS Chapters Meeting is now open. Submissions for General Surgery and Cancer should be submitted online by midnight May 1, 2023. Submissions for Trauma should be submitted online by midnight May 1, 2023.
- All residents and research trainees enrolled in general surgery or surgical specialty residency training or fellows-in-training programs in North and South Carolina.
- Medical students enrolled in a medical school in North or South Carolina – with an interest in surgery.
- The entry should represent the original work done by the authors.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to be present on August 4-6, 2023 in Asheville, NC if his/her abstract is accepted.
- Submit the abstract using the online submission form by May 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET for General Surgery and Cancer and May 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET for Trauma.
- Online submissions only.
- Upload graphs or charts as directed on the abstract submission form.
- When you enter your abstract, you will be asked to complete these sections:
Abstracts: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
Case Reports: Introduction/Objective, Case Presentation, Discussion and Conclusion
- Trauma – Only submissions directly related to trauma surgery will be considered. Submissions related to acute care surgery and/or emergency general surgery should be submitted in the General/Specialty Surgery Competition. Only resident and fellows-in-training submissions are eligible to advance to the COT Region IV competition. Deadline is May 1, 2023.
- Cancer – The topic must be specific to oncology. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation at the NC/SC Joint ACS Chapter Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2023 in Asheville, NC. Deadline is May 1, 2023.
- General/Specialty Surgery – The topics have been expanded to include general and specialty surgery. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation at the NC/SC Joint ACS Chapter Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2023 in Asheville, NC. Deadline is May 1, 2023.