Login to Complete an Abstract or to Access Reviewer Panel
Michigan Chapter, American College of Surgeons (MCACS) | 2019 Annual Meeting
May 8 - 10, 2019
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grandrapids MI
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS CLOSED
Abstract Notices were sent out March 14th
After you select "Submit an Abstract" you will then need to create an account. This will allow you to save and return to your incomplete submission before you submit.
The presenter and principal contact will receive an auto-generated confirmation email, when the submission is submitted/finalized. If you need to make any changes after you submit/finalize, please email email@example.com.
Eligibility: All surgical residents, fellows and medical students in Michigan sponsored by a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons or an Associate Fellow in practice.
- The Abstract must be on some aspect of surgical practice or research done by the surgical resident him/herself and must be submitted via this web based submission process.
- You may submit more than one abstract, but only the highest scoring will be accepted.
- Papers that have been published or presented at a National Meeting prior to the Michigan Chapter will not be accepted.
- The abstract body (not counting abstract title or author string) must not exceed 250 words.
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Each abstract is allowed ONE table/chart/graph/image – no larger than 3”x5” – .jpg files only
Submissions Begin: 1/2/2019
Submission Deadline: 02/15/2019 at 11:59 pm EST: Authors selected to present will be notified by March 12, 2019
Awards: Awards will be given in the following categories. Winners must be present at the Awards Ceremony or forfeit prize.
- FREDERICK A. COLLER AWARD - FIRST PLACE OVERALL - $1000
- ALEXANDER J. WALT AWARD - SECOND PLACE OVERALL - $500
- BASIC SCIENCE TRAUMA - $500
- X FAROUK N. OBEID CLINICAL TRAUMA AWARD - $500
- THE ROBERT V. DANTO MEMORIAL CANCER RESEARCH AWARD - $1,000
- D. EMERICK SZILAGI MICHIGAN VASCULAR AWARD - $1,000
- X KRISHNA K. & PAMELA E. SAWHNEY ETHICS AWARD - $500
- GIFT OF LIFE TRANSPLANT AWARD - $1,000
- EDUCATION AWARD - $500
- REMARKABLE CASES - $100 Amazon Gift Card